Fifth-Annual List Honors Leading MSSP, MDR and SOCaaS Cybersecurity Companies Worldwide
MSSP Alert, published by After Nines Inc., has named Difenda to the Top 250 MSSPs list for 2021 (http://www.msspalert.com/top250).
The list and research identify and honor the top MSSPs, managed detection and response (MDR) and Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) providers worldwide.
The rankings are based on MSSP Alert’s 2021 readership survey combined with the digital media site’s global editorial coverage of managed security services providers. The fifth-annual list and research report track the managed security service market’s ongoing growth and evolution.
“We are very excited to be on the Top 250 MSSP list. Said Derek Nugent, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Difenda. “There continues to be a shift in the market in providing customers SecOps-As-A-Service where detailed outcomes are top priority. Difenda elevates and drives the consolidation of technologies, visibility with consumable security metrics, and Microsoft security subject matter expertise and it shows with our increased rankings this year. We are eager to see what 2022 holds!
“After Nines Inc. and MSSP Alert congratulate Difenda on this year’s honor, said Amy Katz, CEO of After Nines Inc. “Amid continued ransomware, malware and supply chain cyber attacks, the MSSP Alert readership and community continues to mitigate risks for businesses and government organizations worldwide.
Highlights from the associated MSSP Alert research include:
- MSSP Revenue Growth & Financial Performance: MSSP honorees, on average, expect to generate $22.3 million in revenue for 2021, up 16% from $19.2 million in 2020. The growth rate remains consistent with last year’s report.
- Geography: Honorees are headquartered in 26 different countries.
- Profits: 85% of MSSPs surveyed expect to be profitable for fiscal year 2021, which is roughly even with 2020.
- Security Operations Centers: 71% have in-house SOCs, 19% are hybrid, 8% completely outsource their SOCs, and 2% are reevaluating their SOC strategies.
- Cyberattack Trends: The most frequent attacks targeting MSSP customers in 2021 include vulnerability exploits (87%), phishing (96%), and ransomware (89%) incidents.
- Cybersecurity Solutions: In a continued sign of market fragmentation, MSSP survey participants mentioned 130 different hardware, software, cloud, and services vendors that assist their cybersecurity efforts — roughly even with our 2020 report.
- New Managed Security Services Offered: In addition to traditional managed security services, capabilities such as MDR (91%) have now gone mainstream. Plus, fast-growth services offered include SOC as a service (76%), XDR (67%), cyber talent as a service (43%) and cloud security posture management (41%).
The Top 250 MSSPs list and research were overseen by Content Czar Joe Panettieri (@JoePanettieri). Find the online list and associated report here: http://www.msspalert.com/top250.
Difenda is a privately held SecOps-As-A-Service company founded in 2008. We deliver 24/7/365 security operations backed by our modernized PCI, SOC 2 Type II and ISO 27001 certified Cyber Command Centers. Difenda’s MDR practice is powered solely on the Microsoft security product stack and as a company proudly holds the Gold Security Service Provider certification for Microsoft. We are an outcome-driven security services company with a fully integrated and modular platform that leverages an agile, innovative and collaborative approach with our Difenda Shield, along with advisory and offensive security services.
Our Difenda Shield was developed to break internal security silos, provide customers with the ability to scale, and most importantly, provide true visibility within our model. All of our services, MDR (Managed Detection and Response), AVM (Advanced Vulnerability Management), GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance), BPS (Brand Protection Services), and SAT (Security Awareness Training) roll into our Difenda Shield providing our customers with the ability to save costs and maximize visibility across the people, processes, and technologies critical to your organization.
Advisory and Offensive Services (Difenda Labs) are two additional pillars that complement our SecOps-as-a-Service go-to-market strategy. Our team has a tremendous amount of experience and tenure to provide the outcome you are looking for in a cybersecurity partner.
About After Nines Inc.
After Nines Inc. provides timeless IT guidance for strategic partners and IT security professionals across ChannelE2E (www.ChannelE2E.com) and MSSP Alert (www.MSSPAlert.com). ChannelE2E tracks every stage of the IT service provider journey — from entrepreneur to exit. MSSP Alert is the global voice for Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs).
- For sponsorship information contact After Nines Inc. CEO Amy Katz, Amy@AfterNines.com
- For content and editorial questions contact After Nines Inc. Content Czar Joe Panettieri, Joe@AfterNines.com
Make sure you’re prepared with Difenda’s Microsoft Security Copilot Checklist!