Thousands of businesses are affected by ransomware attacks every day.
According to a recent report by Cybersecurity Ventures, ransomware attacks are projected to cost businesses $11.5 billion in 2023, up from $325 million in 2015. This indicates a significant increase in the number of ransomware attacks and their impact on businesses.
So, is your MSSP doing everything it can to avoid #RBF?
What is Ransomware Breach Face?
Ransomware Breach face happens to people who unintentionally appear surprised, shocked, saddened, and frightened when they accidentally cause a cyber breach within their company. This expression is what we like to call #RBF or Ransomware Breach Face.
#RBF can cause major disruptions to business operations, as well as financial losses and damage to an organization’s reputation.
Learn more about the anatomy of #RBF here.
#RBF can cause major disruptions to business operations, as well as financial losses and damage to an organization’s reputation. So, regardless of your initial reaction, it is important for individuals to take steps to protect themselves from the consequences of a ransomware attack, including reporting the attempt to the appropriate authorities and changing any compromised passwords.
The 2 main causes of Ransomware Breach Face
The main cause of #RBF is twofold. At the endpoint, the main cause is human error and from a security standpoint, the main cause of Ransomware Breach Face is lack of visibility into the security environment.
Human error occurs when employees make mistakes such as downloading suspicious attachments, visiting malicious websites, or sharing sensitive information with unauthorized people, leading to a breach. In many cases, these actions are performed unknowingly, but they can have serious consequences. The end result of a ransomware attack caused by human error is often downtime/outages, financial loss, or reputational damage.
The second major cause of RBF is lack of visibility. Many organizations lack visibility into their network and endpoint activities, making it difficult to detect and respond to cyber threats in a timely manner. In many cases, cybercriminals will use encryption and other methods to hide their tracks, making it difficult for organizations to detect a ransomware attack until it is too late. This lack of visibility can lead to RBF and other significant consequences for the business.
How MSSP’s can reduce the impact of #RBF
With the two most common causes of Ransomware Breach Face being human error and lack of visibility, is your MSSP doing everything it can to mitigate the effects of these two common challenges in cybersecurity?
Below are some best practices everyone should be getting from their MSSP to treat #RBF:
- 24/7/365 security analysts and incident responders: By monitoring your network at all hours, your MSSP can quickly recognize abnormal activity and take immediate action to keep cybercriminals out of your system, at any time.
- Highly Certified SOC: Highly certified SOC teams prove that the vendor has the necessary skills and ability to deploy and monitor your company’s IT infrastructure using MXDR best practices.
- Automation: Automated processes proactively alert key members of your security teams, ingest data and coordinate responses, to help your team respond faster. This reduces attacker dwell time and effectively helps to mitigate risk.
- Capabilities to derive playbook integrations: Integrating the security product into other parts of your security infrastructure, including SIEMs, ticket tracking systems, or other threat intelligence sources.
- Customized CMDB: MSSPs should offer customized CMDB to improve IT operations by providing a complete view of the organization’s IT environment, including hardware, software, applications, and services. This helps organizations make better-informed decisions about their IT infrastructure and reduces the risk of downtime and outages.
- Threat hunting: Hunting for potentially threatening activity not identified by current technologies’ detection capabilities.
- Live and On Demand Reporting: Comprehensive dashboards and real-time reporting capabilities, like the Difenda Shield can maximize visibility across your entire organization.
- Unified People, Processes, and Technology: Simply put, technology alone won’t solve all your problems. Your MSSP needs to align all the people, processes and technologies in your network for a streamlined and efficient security system.
Difenda Can Help Fix Your Face
Difenda provides a range of professional and managed security services, powered by Microsoft Security to help organizations protect against cyber threats and treat Ransomware Breach Face. Some of the key services include:
- 24/7/365 security monitoring and incident response: With round-the-clock monitoring, Difenda’s security analysts can quickly identify and respond to any security incidents, including ransomware attacks.
- Advanced threat detection and response: Difenda’s solutions are equipped with advanced threat detection capabilities, including real-time monitoring, threat hunting, and automated incident response. This helps to quickly identify and respond to threats before they can cause significant harm.
- Customized security solutions: Difenda offers customized security solutions that are tailored to meet the specific needs and requirements of each organization. This helps to ensure that the security measures in place are effective and appropriate for the company’s unique environment.
- Compliance and regulatory support: Difenda’s security solutions are designed to help organizations comply with a variety of industry regulations, including PCI DSS, HIPAA, and others. This helps to reduce the risk of regulatory fines and legal liability.
- Ongoing training and education: Difenda offers ongoing training and education for employees to help them understand the importance of cyber security and how to best protect themselves and the company.
By partnering with Difenda, organizations can benefit from the expertise and experience of a team of security professionals, who work to help keep their systems and data secure.
Don’t Let #RBF Hold You Back from Security Success. Download the Ultimate Guide to Treating Ransomware Breach Face.
If you need help fast, contact us directly here.