Right now, many businesses are playing catch up with endpoint protection following the pandemic. Remote employees are the new normal and they are more likely than ever to use personal devices to connect to work networks. The pivot to remote work brought with it a new set of challenges with phishing attacks, threats of ransomware and impersonation scams at an all-time high.
Everyone knows that the weakest point of any cybersecurity program is the people at the endpoint. And prevention alone with security awareness initiatives can’t ensure total protection. When prevention fails you don’t want to be left in the dark about attackers within your network or stolen data.
So how can you protect your remote devices without adding pressure to your already stretched security team? The answer: Managed Endpoint Detection and Response.
In this post, we will take a deep dive into what Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) is, the benefits of a managed solution and how you can select a partner that’s right for your business.
Defining Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) is a security solution that continuously monitors end-user devices to detect and respond to cyber threats. It is a system that gathers and analyzes threat-related information like anomalous behavior, ransomware and malware throughout your network with the goal of reducing attacker dwell time and mitigating the impact of a breach.
Endpoint Detection and Response has become a critical component of any endpoint security or MXDR solution because there is no better way to detect an intrusion than by surveying the target device.
How Does Managed Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Work?
Endpoint Detection and Response services work by monitoring endpoints and network activities taking place on all devices and technology in your network. The technology automatically records all endpoint activity information and flags anomalous activity in a central database where further investigation can take place.
One of these tools is Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Microsoft Security’s endpoint tool is actually multiple technologies and services combined to provide multi-layer protection, threat analytics and provides response suggestions for a powerful and easy-to-manage endpoint security program.
Taking it one step further, powered by a Security Operations Center (SOC), Managed EDR provides security teams with increased visibility into what is happening on your endpoints at all times. It also puts automation processes in place so response and remediation can occur much faster.
Learn how an integrated endpoint security solution combines real-time continuous monitoring and collection of endpoint data with rules-based automated response and analysis capabilities. Download the eBook.
The Benefits of a Managed EDR
The days of set-and-forget security are behind us. To be effective against modern threats, a comprehensive security program must go beyond protection and monitoring capabilities. The ability to react quickly after the discovery of a potential breach is critical. With a managed EDR solutions you can do that and more:
- Develop a quantitative and qualitative understanding of organizational risks posed by people, endpoints, data, and technologies prior to an incident.
- Implement a set of advanced security controls to monitor, identify, and mitigate risks through intelligent threat defence and threat hunting.
- Create a customized CMDB to help your business remain in compliance and understand important service contexts for making better business decisions
- Faster detection and response with AI and automation capabilities that help you to detect, alert and remediate faster than ever before.
- Protect your end user without limiting productivity.
- Capture and secure all relevant security information for data forensics.
Without capabilities like those listed above, internal security teams can spend weeks without knowing an attack is in progress or trying to decide on the appropriate actions to take. Managed EDR proactively protecting your end users without risking productivity or increased financial damage from having to reimage machines.
Discover how this large manufacturer simplified operations, reduced licensing complications and increased visibility with next-generation EDR. Read the case Study!
What do you get with Difenda Endpoint Detection and Response?
Difenda M-EDR leverages your investment in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint to power the most advanced security operations capabilities commercially available today. This Microsoft-centric model allows Difenda’s C3 team to easily monitor and protect all your endpoints using a five-step process to minimize the gap between the speed of compromise and speed of detection at your endpoints to mitigate the potential impact of a breach.
- Threat Profiling: Gain a critical understanding of your organization’s attack surface, infrastructure, sensitive data, and operational processes, laying the foundation for a robust Configuration Management Database.
- Threat Defense: Rely on artificial intelligence and behavioral AI to detect threats, including zero-day attacks, eliminating the need for ineffective signature-based antivirus solutions by automatically blocking and containing attacks at machine speed.
- Threat Hunting: Our Security Operation Center runs simulated attacks within your organization’s critical infrastructure to identify hidden threats, build detection use cases, and deploy updates to managed SIEM platforms.
- Threat Response: Streamline and coordinate your cybersecurity response, improving visibility and your ability to act. Then follow industry best practices and rely on advanced tools to automate, monitor, record, and manage incident response processes.
- Threat intelligence: Get the same global situational awareness typically only available to governments, banks, and the world’s largest enterprises. Leveraging the world’s largest and richest collection of sensor data to enrich detection capabilities and better understand threats to your industry or geography through curated threat bulletins.
Plus, never struggle to locate your data or find reports again. The Difenda Shield delivers a clear and flexible customer experience. This provides you with a single pane of glass for all services in the Shield, a CMDB for threat profiling and sharing, real-time threat reports, historical data for audits and compliance, a built-in service request system, and data-rich dashboards.
Uncover all you need to know about augmenting your team with a M-EDR solution. Download Your Guide to Selecting a Managed EDR Provider.
Looking for other ways to protect your end user? Discover Security Awareness Training:
Reduce Data Loss From Phishing Attacks In Just Three Months With Difenda SAT